Superior Court of CA - County of San Joaquin

San Joaquin , CA

Frequently Asked Questions

What is online dispute resolution?

It's a way to have court staff review your case without having to come to court for a hearing.

What are the benefits of online dispute resolution?

You get the ability to access public services online without having to physically visit the courthouse. Services include the ability to submit proof of corrections, request a review of your citation, contest your citation, and request a one-time extension of your scheduled hearing date.

How is it different online than in court?

It's not. There's real court staff on the other side, making decisions about your case based on the same criteria they would if you went to court in person. It just takes place virtually through this website.

How does it work?

You submit a request online. Depending on the request, court clerks and hearing officers will evaluate, determine and process your request. Statuses of the request will be communicated via mobile text or email.

Is there a charge for online dispute resolution?

Yes. There is a $5.25 fee per case to use this process.

Why does the court allow online traffic case review?

The court is expanding to virtual court for convenience and increased access for the public.

Why should I care about points on my license?

Having points on your license can increase your insurance rates, subject you to driver responsibility fees, or result in a suspension of your license to drive.

What happens if my request is rejected?

You have 21 days to admit responsibility and pay the ticket, deny responsibility and request a hearing, or admit responsibility with a written explanation. More information can be found here.

How do I know if I'm eligible?

It depends on your record and other criteria set by the court. Just enter your ticket information and do a search. If you are eligible, you will be able to submit your request to the Court. Whether your request is approved is entirely up to the court. Why not try a search now, to see if you are eligible.

What does it mean if I am ineligible?

It could mean your ticket is too old, or that the citation type is not presently supported via online dispute resolution.

If my request is approved, will I still have to pay a fine?

Yes, you will be responsible for paying a fine, if there is a fine assessed with the final decision.

How will I know when a decision has been made?

We will send an email or text, as well as, update the message on your status page when you come back to the website.

What if I need an extension to pay my fine?

Please contact the Court at 209-992-5692 for more information.