TEST Dispute Resolution Center
A service supported by the Michigan Supreme Court

MI-Resolve: A New Way to Resolve Disputes Online

This is a new service supported by the Michigan Supreme Court's Administrative Office to provide a free, quick and easy means of resolving disputes that are typically filed as a small claims or landlord/tenant case in the district court.

Through MI-Resolve, parties can resolve their disputes with or without the help of a mediator. Parties can also arrange to meet with a mediator in person or via videoconference. Mediation is a process in which a trained neutral person (a mediator) helps parties identify a solution to a dispute that best works for them. Mediators do not take sides, evaluate claims, or provide legal advice.


To use this service, you must:

  1. Live, work, or have a dispute arising in Wayne County.
  2. Have an active email address and access to the internet.
  3. Agree to the terms listed in the Agreement to Mediate.
    The Agreement to Mediate is found on the registration page after parties have completed intake. We'll send a link to register for MI-Resolve after you have entered your and the other party's contact information.
  4. Be at least 18 years of age.

You do not need to have a case filed in court to use this service.

However, if you do have a case pending in court, you can still use this service to try to reach a settlement before your hearing or trial date. In this situation, a mediator will be assigned immediately but you may begin to directly communicate with the other party until the mediator joins you in the conversation space.

There is no service fee.

This service is most helpful for resolving disputes that involve:

  1. Claims alleging that money is owed, contract disputes, and neighborhood disputes;
  2. Landlord/Tenant Matters;
  3. Get Started

    Already have an account? Log in here

Questions? Need Help?

The Help Center has a frequently asked questions center that may answer your question.

Call to speak to the helpful staff at the TEST Dispute Resolution Center.